I'm a messy gardener. Don't let the lovely macros I sometimes deliver to my photo blog fool you. Over-all, my garden is low-budget, low-maintenance and there are times when I talk to the weeds. :-)

A journal of our humble New England garden. Dedicated to W.P., with love.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reminiscing on June's Flowers


I think it was the best month in both my front and back gardens


The Peonies, planted last year, seem to like it in the backyard. We just never know about that sandy soil. Must be the South Western sun.




 Foxglove is new to the front garden and it is just one plant but it kept blooming for weeks

 

 

 

 The Oriental Lillies didn't fare very well. You can see where the beatles started their invasion. It got worse and worse and they had to be pulled out. Unless anyone has a better solution. It was really a drag to lose these lovely, sturdy blooms to the dang beatles!

No comments: