I'm a messy gardener. Don't let the lovely macros I sometimes deliver to my photo blog fool you. Over-all, my garden is low-budget, low-maintenance and there are times when I talk to the weeds. :-)

A journal of our humble New England garden. Dedicated to W.P., with love.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reminiscing on the August Garden


Delphinium


The Delphinium left so many seed pods, I don't know how I am ever going to keep them all. I will be giving them away as gifts. Hopefully they will do well for their recipients.





The blues and purples of this hydrangea in our front yard, take my breath away. I think it's one of the loveliest hydrangea I've ever seen anywhere. Probably my most prized flower. According to WP, t's been here for decades but has only really done this well in recent years.






These little blooms are really amazing! They're so luminescent; almost flourescent. I bought a couple of little plants at our local farmer's market and put them in clay pots, where they did (and continue to do)  well all summer long. I don't recall the name.


The daisies are actually taking over!
I'm going to have to dig some of them up and transplant them.
I do love them, though!












bug marks everywhere on these (they look like small dahlias, I'm not sure) flowers I planted in one of the barrell planters.

No comments: