I'm a messy gardener. Don't let the lovely macros I sometimes deliver to my photo blog fool you. Over-all, my garden is low-budget, low-maintenance and there are times when I talk to the weeds. :-)

A journal of our humble New England garden. Dedicated to W.P., with love.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

This Weekend in the Garden

 The Herbs

 
Chives (going to flower)

Chive blossom - I think they're pretty


Mint in the foreground and lemon balm in the background.



Parsley and cilantro

Oregano

Potted Plants
(annuals)
Begonias

Johnny Jump-Ups


Yellow Begonia

Back Garden


Peonies


Peony Blossom

Front Garden and Yard


View from the front of the house


 Still life with lily of the valley 


Patch of Lily of the Valley


One last tulip


Rhotodendron

Growing Wild


A side garden that has been neglected for years. A mess that I will attempt to clean up one of these years!




Among that tangled mess are a few wild strawberries beginning to show their tiny flowers.




Closer to the river are a couple of patches of wild iris.

7 comments:

Serline said...

Love the Begonias, and wow, what a great close-up of the Tulip. Great header too!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Serline!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

PS: What a wonderful show of all your Spring blooms. Your garden is alive with color.

Unknown said...

Thank you for commenting, Fishing Guy!

reg said...

I just love these pictures. I have to say if those gardens are messy I will never show an over view of mine!!!!!! Hehe I do like the side of the house shot, Now that is normal for me. Your Blog is beautiful and the pics are great

reg said...

You just made me become a follower, how could I resist

Anonymous said...

Chives, mints, oreganoet etc. - so great photos from the nature, too flowers :-D